Madison Wisconsin Downtown Area and Airport Hotel
Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel is a traditionally styled hotel located near the downtown area of Madison Wisconsin, near Madison’s Regional Dane County Airport and the hotel is less than a mile from East Towne Mall. Centrally situated on East Washington Avenue just off Wisconsin’s Interstates 39, 90, and 94 it is just minutes from area attractions, Madison’s central business district and the Monona Terrace Convention Center. Also near the hotel is the world recognized University of Wisconsin, the Alliant Energy Center, the Wisconsin State Capitol, and Camp Randall Stadium. The hotel also serves the towns of Middleton, Verona, Sun Prarie, and Cambridge Wisconsin.
University of Wisconsin Madison
Madison Wisconsin is home to the renowned University of Wisconsin. Established in 1849 the University of Wisconsin is a liberal arts and professional training institute with many of its instructors hailed as world leaders in research instruction, research and public service. With over 42,000 students enrolled it is one of the largest universities in the United States.
Madison Wisconsin Sports
Sports are big in Madison Wisconsin. Especially, the University of Wisconsin Badgers. As a member of the Big Ten Conference, the UW Badger college athletics program transforms the city of Madison into a Sports enthusiast Mecca on game day. Drawing thousands of visitors to the area and boosting tourism within the city. All of the Venues for the University Wisconsin Sports are within minutes of the Howard Johnson’s Plaza Hotel.
Madison Wisconsin Attractions
- Warner Park, home of Madison Mallards Baseball
- Betty Lou Dinner Cruises on Lakes Mendota & Monona
- Rhythm & Booms summer fireworks celebration
- FORD Ironman Triathalon
- DeJope Gaming
- UW-Camp Randall Stadium
- Kohl Center
- Alliant Energy Center
- Overture Center for the Arts
- Barrymore Theatre
- Olbrich Gardens
- Wisconsin State Capitol building
- Veterans Museum
- Henry Vilas Zoo
- Monona Terrace Convention Center
Nearby Madison Attractions-Just a short drive away!
- EPIC Systems, Verona
- Cave of the Mounds, Mt. Horeb
- Noah’s Ark, Wisconsin Dells
- Ho-Chunk Gaming, Baraboo
- Circus World Museum, Baraboo
- House on the Rock, Spring Green
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesen, Spring Green
- Angell Park Speedway, Sun Prairie
- Rowe Pottery Works, Cambridge
- Cascade Mountain Ski Resort, Portage
Near Madison Wisconsin Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel
In addition to Madison the Howard Johnson Plaza also serves the communities of Verona, Sun Prairie, Cambridge and Middleton Wisconsin. The hotel is only a few minutes drive from all the Madison locations below.
- Downtown Madison
- Middleton, Verona, Sun Prairie, Cambridge Wisconsin
- University of Wisconsin Madison Wisconsin
- Dane County Regional Airport
- Alliant Energy Center, Monona Terrace, State Capitol Building, Camp Randall Stadium.
Dane County Regional Airport & Transportation
The Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Madison provides a complimentary shuttle to the Dane County Airport, which is only three miles away.
Driving Directions from Airport to Hotel
I 90/39 S to Exit 135A Go 2 Miles, turn left on Lien Road, Hotel on Left.
I 90/39 N to Exit 135A Go 2 Miles, turn left on Lien Road, Hotel on Left.
I-94 W to I 90/39 N to Exit 135A Go 2 Miles, turn left on Lien Road, Hotel on Left.
Hwy 18 E to The Beltline/HWY 51 N to 151 E- Go 1/4 Mile to Hotel on Right.
Exit Airport, Take International Lane to Anderson St, turn Left - Go to Stoughton Rd, take a right to east Washington Ave, turn Left, Go 1/4 Mile to Hotel on Right.
View Larger Map